8 STEP ALUMINUM DOCK STAIR
These 8 Step Aluminum Dock Stairs are the best-looking step system on the water and offers a safe and comfortable way to access the water from your dock, seawall or boardwalk. These marine stairs feature an all aluminum framework construction and utilize an anti-slip, anti-algae and barefoot friendly features of Titan Classic grated decking for the step surface in either tan or gray colored tread.
- Choose either 36" or 48" Step Width
- 8 Anti-Slip Steps with Aluminum Bullnose
- Middle Step of Legs and X-Brace Included
- Aluminum, Stainless and Titan Decking construction
- Handrails for both sides included on all 7 - 12 step models
- Stainless steel fastening hardware
- Step surface available in two colors Tan and Gray
- 18" Adjustable Front Legs
- Upper and Lower Handrail Bar
The combination of the well-designed aluminum framework and utility of the Titan Classic decking; creates a rugged, durable, and adjustable dock stair that will provide you with years of trouble-free use. In comparison to dock steps that use an aluminum step surface, the Titan Classic steps provide superior 360-degree anti-slip step surface that is more resistant to algae growth and is very comfortable on the feet.
All 8 step models must include handrails on both sides and mid-legs with X-brace as seen in the main photo. Every stair also comes standard with the necessary support hardware to attach the stair to a dock, seawall, pier, or other stable and sturdy mounting location. It is recommended for those that do not have a solid mounting surface for the top of the stair to connect to, that they consider adding the optional Back Leg Kit. The optional Back Leg Kit transfers less force to the top mounting surface and allows for a more self-supported configuration for the steps. The kit comes standard with 2 legs with base pads and an X-brace.
DETERMINING STEP HEIGHT
The 8 Step would work well with a vertical distance of 60" to 66". This would keep the steps level and the step height for the first and last step similar. We do get a lot of contacts inquiring how to determine the number of steps in a given location. We have provided steps below you can follow to help determine the correct number of steps for your installation.
- Measure from the ground to top of the dock, seawall or walking surface. You will need to account for the depth where the bottom of the step will sit. You will need a straight vertical measurement, do not measure at an angle.
- Divide the number you get in inches by 7 (the rise of each step).
- Now subtract 1 for the step up onto your dock, seawall or walking surface.
- This gives you the number of steps needed for your installation. If the number ends up being right in the middle like 4.5, then you will need to decide if going with a 4 or a 5 step would be best for your installation. Remember the stairs have 18" adjustable legs on the bottom.
We hope this helps. If you need further assistance, please do not hesitate to contact us.
- Back Leg Kit or dockside legs to help keep the weight of the stair off the dock
- 7 step stairs systems through 12 step stairs systems ship freight and require 2 handrails for safety.
- Tracking information will be provided via email when the shipper catalogs the pick-up.
- You can estimate your shipping charges by adding the item to your cart and entering your zip code into the shipping calculator.