GULLS AWAY CANOPY BIRD DETERRENT SYSTEM
The patented Gulls Away Rod System Bird Deterrent is an easy and effective way to keep Gulls and other birds off your boat lift canopy cover. The system has been designed to be economical, aesthetically pleasing, easy to install, and to will last for years! Each Rod mounts to the horizontal tube on your lift canopy frame and transparent fishing line is used, in a diagonal pattern, to deter the birds. Nothing touches your canopy.
WHAT CANOPIES DO THEY FIT?
The Gulls Away come in two different lengths that are designed for certain canopy brands and types. You will need to choose one or the other in the drop-down above. If you are unsure which length rod you need, please feel free to email us at email@example.com.
Shorter Rod System measures approximately 15" from the top of the bracket to the bottom of the curve and is designed for canopy frames like Daka, Floe, Hewitt, Newmans, Pier Pleasure, Craftlander(high top), Portalift, RGC, ShoreMaster, Sun Stream Sunlift, and Vibo canopies. These are what we refer to as 'deep dish' style canopy frames and canopy covers with short skirts.
Longer Rod System measures approximately 26.5" from the top of the bracket to the bottom of the curve and it designed for ShoreStation and Lakeshore canopies. These canopy frames have less depth to them, but longer skirts so you need the longer stem to drop down below the bottom of the skirt.
YOU WILL NOT BELIEVE HOW GOOD IT WORKS!!!
- No more smell from bird poop!
- No more hard to remove stains
- Finally a solution for a Bird Free Boat Lift!
- Uses fishing line that is virtually invisible.
*Measure the Length of the Side Apron for best fit
HOW THEY WORK
- Designed and manufactured in two rod length sizes to accommodate most boat lifts.
- The mounting bracket which accommodates square and round frames and easily attaches to the boat lift frame with two clamps.
- The rod extends downward and its curved bottom fits loosely around the canopy edge and extends over the top of the lift.
- The top of the rod includes a hole where the supplied fishing line is inserted and tied off.
- A diagonal pattern is strung from rod to rod which deters the seagulls and birds from landing.
4 Gulls Away™ hardware rods recommended for lifts 26ft or less. 6-8 Gulls Away™ hardware rods recommended for lifts over 26ft. The number of Gulls Away™ hardware rods is dependent on the type and size of boat lift. Also, bird saturation in the usage area.
*Note: Extremely large frames may require 8 rods.
The short rod is used for canopy frame that uses a deep or tall framework and a shorter skirt. The long rod is used with canopy covers with long skirts hanging down from the frame. Gulls Away are designed for manufactures standard lift canopies and may not fit special order canopies covers with extra long skirts.
WHAT KITS INCLUDE
- Gulls Away Rods
- 2 Attachment Clamps Per Rod
- 1 Spool of Fishing Line
- Ships direct from the manufacturer
- Tracking information will be provided via email when the shipper catalogs the pick-up.
- You can estimate your shipping charges by adding the item to your cart and entering your zip code into the shipping calculator.